Sunday, August 13, 2006

Letting Go of Old Things

To say that a lot has been going on these past few months…would be an understatement.

This is truly a time of transition for me on both a personal and professional level.

It is a time to let go of old things.

My intuition always seems to give me fair warning when the tides and currents of my life are about to change. It hasn’t been any different this time around.

They say that true change begins on the inside and then manifests itself on the outside.

Although I have always considered myself to be a “work in progress” and have been relatively consistent with regard to working through my “stuff” and healing old wounds as necessary….recently I have felt an unusually strong sense of urgency to get my “stuff” in order.

The only way I can define this feeling, is that somehow I knew a big transition was around the corner…and I really needed to make sure that I “got out of my own way” …and needed to let go and heal whatever issues that could potentially hold me back. I knew that it was time to make serious changes to my thoughts and energy patterns and take a significant leap into the unknown.

I had a lot of help to heal and work through these issues. Several months before my massage therapist/shamanic healer moved to the lower-48 to take a position with The Four Winds Society, we scheduled several appointments.

I knew the remaining issues and items in my “bag-o-stuff” very well. Some of them were familiar and convenient crutches that I felt very comfortable with. But it was time to let most of them go and move into unfamiliar territory.

The healings were very powerful and profound and made me understand why many people fear the unfamiliar and choose to hold on to their ancient baggage rather than let go and move forward into uncharted terrain.

The most significant healing I experienced felt consistent with removing a body cast. For those of you who have had a plaster cast on your arm or leg for a period of time, when the cast is finally removed, you may remember the sense of relief mixed with the feelings of stiffness, weakness and lack of balance….perhaps even feeling a bit of vulnerability.

For days after this healing my whole body felt this way. And for a time, I did not recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. I felt like a different person…and it took some time to get to know my new self.

After an energy healing, I find that a salt bath and/or a session in a float-tank to be very beneficial to the healing process…they seem to help me integrate these internal changes/healings into new and healthy energy patterns.

I am still a work in progress.

For the moment, I feel that I am traveling lighter as I move through this time of transition.

These internal changes have definitely manifested themselves in significant changes in my “real life”.

My motto these days, as I move into the unknown is, “Just Breathe”

No comments: