Some final thoughts on the subject….It is important understand what Reiki is and what Reiki is not…
It is easy to want to believe that “we” know what is best for a friend or loved one that is injured or ill. Unfortunately, “we” do not.
For example, if a person comes to you asking for Reiki treatments to heal her ovarian cysts….you could give her a treatment or a series of treatments…and end up healing her arthritic hips and doing nothing for her ovaries.
Reiki energy goes where it is needed…and we don’t necessarily know where it is needed.
In another example, if a loved one has a terminal disease and you give him/her Reiki…the Reiki treatments may provide them comfort, reduce their anxiety about death and dying, and ease their passing rather than cure their terminal condition.
How do I use Reiki today?
I occasionally give Reiki attunements.
Mostly, I give Reiki treatments to friends and family when asked. Also, I trade Reiki treatments for massages or shamanic treatments.
I have a funny anecdote about my husband: Initially, his reaction to Reiki was, “I believe that you believe…” But over the years, he has received many Reiki treatments from me…at his request. If my table is set-up, he will hop on the table and ask for a treatment. If he has a headache or a cold, he will ask for a treatment. My husband would feel better after the treatments, but he never connected the Reiki to feeling better….until recently.
A couple of months ago, his knee (that suffered through multiple surgeries many years ago) was really bothering him. He asked for Reiki, I gave it to him and his knee felt significantly better…and this time, he actually said, “Reiki really works! My bad knee feels better than my good knee.” (Amazing!)
Reiki is a great tool to have in one’s tool kit. It is important to note that there are also some interesting by-products to receiving Reiki attunements, such as: a noticeable increase in one’s intuition, improvement at reading energy patterns of the people around you and the ambience of your environment, and lastly spontaneous shifts to one’s priorities.
It is quite a ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment