Putting it all together…By the time I exited my job, I had ordered my Massage/Reiki table from Earthlite – that was sturdy enough to handle Alaskan-sized clients. I also ordered 2 sets of extra-soft flannel sheets, an extra soft pad and bolsters for the table.
I also found the time write an outline for my Reiki Manual.
Although I was trying not to make a “to do list” for my sabbatical – old habits die hard.
The next steps were to:
1) de-compress and de-stress
2) compose my Reiki Manual, and design my Reiki certificates of completion
3) Practice giving Reiki Attunements
4) Actually perform some Reiki Attunements on humans
Well, it took a full month to completely de-compress from my workaholic ways. But once I got past the first few weeks – I realized that choosing to be being unemployed was the first big step to getting my life back.
The actual writing of my Reiki Manual and designing of my Reiki Certificates of completion didn’t take that long. It actually flowed pretty easily from my outline. The way I understood it, all Reiki Masters needed a Reiki Manual as a supplement their attunements. The manual should provide general information on Reiki, the history of Reiki, the Reiki Master’s point-of-view on the subject, talking points, and detailed attunement protocols. And the Reiki Certificates are given to each student after receiving attunements.
Next came practicing the attunements. I made myself a cheat sheet and set a stuffed teddy bear on a chair in the middle of my living room. I felt stupid…but it was good practice.
Here is an interesting observation: when I repeatedly gave attunements to the teddy bear, the energy exchange felt funky. It felt like there was a huge back-up or blockage of energy. When I finally gave a practice attunement to a human (my husband)…the energy exchange was profound. This proved to me that “something” did happen.
I need to make a side-note here about my husband: he is an engineer by training and is very logical by nature. He is also the most non-judgmental person I have ever met. He is quick to support me in whatever I attempt, and his initial feelings about Reiki were: “I believe that you believe this works...”
That said, as I performed my first attunement on my husband, I also noticed a significant change of the expression on his face during the final steps of the attunement protocol. His expression changed from being a guy sitting there with his eyes closed…to a guy with a very serene and peaceful – almost spiritual expression on his face. (Maybe something really did happen?)
I also gave practice attunements to my mom and a former co-worker who was 7 months pregnant.
My final phase of “putting it all together” was to fly to Hawaii and visit with one of my cousins for a week. My mom put me in touch with him. He was already a Reiki I and was interested in receiving the Reiki Master Teacher attunements.
My cousin is a very interesting gentleman. I would describe him as having a golden touch with entrepreneurial efforts and a green thumb when it comes to growing and nurturing any type of plants. He was on a very interesting spiritual path that included tracing his Kahuna lineage on his father’s side of the family.
After spending a week getting to know my cousin, his wife and one of his daughters (a physician who recently took her medical boards)…I successfully gave them all Reiki attunements, gave them copies of my manual and also certificates noting they were all attuned as Reiki Master Teachers.
Once that was completed, I met my husband on Maui for a calm & serene two week vacation…wondering what the universe had in store for me next! :-o
No comments:
Post a Comment