SynchronicitiesSoon after I returned from Hawaii after my Reiki II training, I heard a gentleman being interviewed on the radio about forensic anthropology and conspiracy theories. To make a long story short, the interviewer noted that his wife was looking at the interviewee’s website during a commercial break and wanted ask about what kind of work the interviewee’s wife does with Reiki. Evidently, his wife was, among other things, an Independent Reiki Master Teacher.
I promptly went to their website to read about his wife. I liked what I read and saved the website for future reference.
Periodically I would return to her website and finally I decided to give her a call. Amazingly, she answered the phone and we had a nice chat about Reiki and what her Reiki Master Teacher seminar was about. I liked her immediately. She was bright, insightful and very intuitive…she was also very blunt about her approach with Reiki. In a very open manner she stated that “nothing was withheld” in her classes. She too felt that Reiki was a tool for one’s tool kit…and not the end all be all.
We agreed on dates for training. And 2 months after my Reiki II training I was on a plane to the Laguna Beach area of California for a weekend of training to become an Independent Reiki Master Teacher.
A few words about energy work and spiritual de-tox:
Different people respond differently when it comes to energy work. Some folks can go through attunements, energy healings and adjustments without any detox reactions. I on the other hand, do seem to experience physical and spiritual reactions to the shifting and clearing of energies. My symptoms ranged from hives and splotches on one or both of my forearms to a short period of headache and nausea. My more benign symptoms include experiencing unusually deep sleep accompanied by vivid dreams and a quiet centeredness.
It is best to drink a lot of water, soak in a salt bath (or a floatation tank – if you have access to one), and spend time meditating and/or exercising to ground yourself.
Self-Reiki is also an excellent tool to heal yourself and keep your energies balanced.
My journey home took quite a bit longer than planned. SeaTac Airport was fogged in and my 3 hour flight to Seattle became a 6 hour flight. The plane finally landed in Yakima and the passengers bused into Seattle. We were put up in an airport hotel and booked on the morning flight to Anchorage.
When I finally arrived back in Alaska and returned to work…all serene…I was given yet another promotion with additional responsibilities…which made working 4 days a week next to impossible.
The universe was asking me to choose between pursuing a balanced and spiritual life or a busy and stressed out corporate life.
Cognitive dissonance was going to be my constant companion over the next several months….before I finally made my choice.
1 comment:
Wow. I saw your link on Soul2Soul, and I've now read all the entries. So much of what you said seems as if it were meant for me to read at this exact moment.
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts, and for providing a bit of inspiration.
Post a Comment